Sunday, February 12

the woods, a pond and the listening moon.

i had waited for k to come home, it had been two weeks. two weeks of being here on the hill on my own, two weeks of watching over everything. i thought for sure once he got home i would get in the car and go somewhere. what happened instead is i realized i did not want to be anywhere else but here, that what i really wanted is to share this space with him. saturday morning he ran errands, even then i wanted to stay back so off he went and i went to explore. a light dusting of snow had fallen but had already begun its melt. i went off into the woods, took photographs and looked into tree holes, mossy rocks and leaves gently covered in snow. k came back and joined me. later on we took a walk to our pond and back into the woods. how i love the woods.  back at the house i cleaned up the outdoors, treated the chickens and ducks to leafy greens and shared a snack with k. a few minutes later Joe the farmer arrived with a half a cord of wood.  this made me happy for two reasons, knowing we will not run out, since i heat the house with it and the fact that i would end the evening stacking wood underneath the moon and a star filled night sky. a weekend that is balanced with things that must be done and things we want to do in the company of people we love. that night as i lay in bed i stared up through the skylight at the moon, she was lovely, i told her things and asked her for a few things, she graciously listened till my eyes grew heavy and closed.



24 comments:

Lilli said...

The moon is such a gracious listener, patient and present.

I read every post, try to take in the beauty that surrounds you, but never say anything. So, now I did x
Thank you,
Lilli

David @ Frenchie and the Yankee said...

Beautiful. The moon has always had a kind ear.

Ariane Reichardt said...

Hello dear Nadia,
as I've looked at the pond it comes into my mind, that it could be a moon, too. Or an eye. Mirroring the light...

Wonderful photos and words, as ever. Very poetic.

Did you ever read the words of Lilli? They are very poetic, too.

x Ariane.

sew easy said...

I hope the moon understood everything you told her.
I like your way of writing and of course your poetic pictures.

Jen said...

Deep, beautiful thoughts, words and pictures. Thank you for sharing them with us.

Kristin said...

That sounds very nice. Love your photos.

tj said...

...I love the Moon. :o)

...Your words and your photos touch my heart like nothing else. Thank you for that.

...Wishing you a delightful day on the hill.

...Blessings

Dawn said...

How good it must be to have your Love back. It feels more like home when everyone who belongs in it are there.
Your pond is so lovely. The tawny colors of February are beautiful.
But my favorite picture is of K and the farmer in the truck. I love farmers so much.
xo

Patricia Villamil said...

what a lovely post, makes me want to hide in the woods...you are lucky, you are deep in nature!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful, simple post. Thank you.

erin said...

i love winter's gold.

the wild magnolia said...

I am, humbled with your beautiful photos, the crisp cold land, I can feel the stark coldness.

The first is my favorite.

I love the woods, a pond and the listening moon.

great words, great thoughts, great photos.

thank you.

Daniella said...

Looks like a lovely walk, beautiful pics as always! The moon has been incredibly huge the past few nights... so pretty in the night sky.

Melissa said...

I love your posts. I look forward to every one. Somehow I feel like I have said that on here before, but it doesnt hurt to say it again.

Imagine you will fly... said...

... this is beautiful ... thanks for sharing ... i love it, love it ... will dream about it ...

un arc-en-ciel dans le lavabo said...

which i understand.
winter is so beautiful where you are and through your lens/eyes. i'm usually rather a lurker here, but
these are certainly the most beautiful photos i've seen this year on the blogland, i had to say it and thank you for sharing. the moon is a good company, so powerful too... in some cities some people can't even see her anymore. i found that sad.

Juliana said...

Your words and pictures always give me a sense of peace. Thank you.

From Scratch said...

Your posts and photos make me feel so calm and still. Thank you.

Rebecca said...

Such a beautiful post and photos. I always look forward to your posts. Your lovely photos take me on a mini-vacation whenever I visit. Thanks for bringing a little calm into my life. Have a wonderful day!

Elisabeth said...

Such haunting writing, and the photos you post are thrilling. I'm new here, from the domesticated bohemian, enthralled with what I see and read. Very pleased to meet you at the red door.

eau de nil said...

just to stand in that landscape and take one deep breath... thank you for nurturing eye and soul, dear Nadia!

Bluebells and Lavender said...

You write so beautifully...exquisite photography. Sharon

Cannelle Et Vanille said...

such beautiful light in these photos!

Caroline said...

I love these photos!